As another week of Pretty Much Amazing wraps up, we’d like to recap some of our favorite posts that you might have missed:
- We reviewed the new single “Last Night at the Jetty” from Animal Collective’s Panda Bear. Listen here.
- We examined common themes and accomplishments shared between Robyn’s “Dancing On My Own” and the brand new (and excellent) “Call Your Girlfriend” from the singer’s highly anticipated Body Talk album. Listen.
- Download two new G.O.O.D. Friday tracks from Kanye West and his talented peers — “Looking For Trouble” and the Q-Tip produced “Chain Heavy”.
- Chiddy Bang remixed The Knock’s dance floor anthem “Dancing With The DJ”.
- We reviewed Cee Lo Green’s seminal nouveau Mowtown classic The Lady Killer; Cee Lo also dropped two videos this week; a lyric vid of new single “It’s OK” and a proper music video for Lady Killer highlight “Bright Lights, Bigger City”.
- Daft Punk dazzled us with the complete version of “Derezzed” from their insanely anticipated Tron: Legacy OST.
- jj came back to the forefront of our minds when they gave away new The XX and Akon -sampling single Let Them b/w “I’m The One / Money On My Mind”.
- We shared two great cuts from Lupe Fiasco’s upcoming Lasers LP, one of which samples a well known Modest Mouse song.
- This week we reviewed, not only Cee Lo’s The Lady Killer, but also Brian Eno’s Small Craft on a Milk Sea, N.E.R.D’s Nothing, Kid Cudi’s Man on the Moon II and Diamond Rings’ Special Affections.
As a reminder, this is only the tip of the iceberg. We try to deliver great tunes on a daily basis, for more music check out November’s archive.