It's here — our second annual summer podcast, our 29th overall and our first one since February. You can still download 2009's Summer Playlist. This year's summer playlist sits at just over an hour and forty minutes of high-fructose tunage that will (hopefully) soundtrack one of those summer moments people make shitty movies about. Check out the track and stream/download below:
1. M.I.A. - "Born Free" (High Contrast Remix) [mp3]
2. HEALTH - "USA Boys" [mp3]
3. RATATAT - "Neckbrace" [???]
4. LCD Soundsystem - "Drunk Girls" [video]
5. Free Energy - "Bang Pop" [video]
6. Local Natives - "Wide Eyes"
7. She & Him - "In The Sun" [mp3]
8. The Soft Pack - "Mexico" [mp3]
9. Animal Collective - "What Would I Want? Sky" [stream]
10. jj - "My Way" (feat. Lil Wayne) [mp3]
11. Vampire Weekend - "Giving Up The Gun" [video]
12. Yeasayer - "O.N.E." [mp3]
13. Tanlines - "Real Life" [stream]
14. Holy Ghost! - "On Board" (Friendly Fires Cover) [stream]
15. Two Door Cinema Club - "Something Good Can Work" (The Twelves Remix)
16. Jonsi - "Animal Arithmetic"
17. Janelle Monae - "Tightrope" (feat. Big Boi) [video]
18. Goldfrapp - "Rocket" [stream]
19. The Golden Filter - "Hide Me" [mp3]
20. Crystal Castles - "Celestica" [stream]
21. Robyn - "Cry When You Get Older" [stream]
22. Nika+Rory - "I'm Not Going Anywhere" [mp3]
23. Nika+Rory - "LA SUXXX (The Choice)" [mp3]
24. Sleigh Bells - "Crown On The Ground"
25. Sleigh Bells - "Infinity Guitars"
Subscribe to the PMACAST for FREE on iTunes to automatically load each new episode onto your library. If iTunes isn't your thing, subscribe to the free PMACAST RSS feed to get new episodes sent to your favorite RSS Reader. Subscribers will have access to the .M4A, chapters-enabled podcast, where you can skip (please don't!) or replay specific tracks. You can download the chapter-less MP3 format below:
I might be adding to this playlist in the coming weeks, so if you've got a summer jam that you think belongs on the podcast, let me know in the comments. I'll fit the ones I can into the next one.
Image Credit [Brandon King]