Yesterday we heard Four Tet's Bedtime Mix from BBC Radio 1, now you can sample Active Child's mix for exactly the opposite thing - waking up and re-orienting yourself after passing out (with a little melatonin assistance) on an airplane. As you may have guessed, it's based on a true story. It's a lovely mix for any time of day or mental state, featuring the likes of Bjork, FKA twigs, the Knife, and even - for real - some Vangelis (not the "Chariots of Fire" theme), and it gives you a little peek into some of Active Child's influences and inspirations. Check it out.
1. Björk - Unravel (Cut the World edit)
2. FKA Twigs - Ultraviolet
3. The Knife - Ready to Lose
4. The Bulgarian Female Choir - Kalimankou Denkou (The Evening Gathering + AC edit)
5. Unknown composer - Russians (Caretaker vinyl edit)
6. Vangelis - Theme from Antartica
7. David Bowie / Brian Eno - Warszawa